Font Choice (Credits) - Component 1

 To decide what font to use, I thought of the main themes I wanted to show through my credits:

- Romance

- Innocence

These themes heavily contrast with the ending of my film, so conveying them at the beginning will make the ending more shocking.

Here are some examples of fonts used in media that I take inspiration from:

(Green, 2019)

(Han, 2018)

To find font options, I used Final Cut Pro X, which is one of the applications that I use to edit my film, and scrolled through the options. I found 7 initial potential options:








To convey the themes mentioned above, I wanted either a childlike and fantasy-like, handwritten font or elegant-looking font. So I looked at all 7 fonts and, with this criteria in mind, picked 1 font.


Bibliography

  • Green, J., 2019. CANCELLED: Tween/Teen Film: The Fault in Our Stars. [online] BPL. Available at: <https://bronxvillelibrary.org/events/tween-teen-film-the-fault-in-our-stars/> [Accessed 17 Feb. 2022].
  • Han, J., 2018. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. [online] www.simonandschuster.com. Simon & Schuster. Available at: <https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/To-All-the-Boys-Ive-Loved-Before/Jenny-Han/9781534438378> [Accessed 17 Feb. 2022].

Comments

Popular Posts